Synonymous words are those words that have an equivalent meaning.
The opposite of synonyms are antonyms, which are words that have opposite meanings. For example: alive/dead, night/day, poor/rich, big/small, cute/ugly.
types of synonyms
- Partial Synonyms . They have a similar but not exact meaning, depending on the context. For example: man – gentleman.
- Total Synonyms . Their meanings coincide, regardless of the context in which they are used. For example: mud – mud.
For example, it can be equivalent to say I sat on that bench waiting for you and I sat on that seat waiting for you . But it must be taken into account that the word bank also refers to a financial entity, so if it is used in that sense it would not be a synonym of seat.
- It may help you: Sentences with full and partial synonyms
Examples of synonym words
Here is a list of sentences that contain synonymous words:
- Next month is my sister ‘s wedding . / For my wedding I’m going to wear these silver shoes.
- I warned him that the exam was going to be difficult, but he ignored me. / I’m going to tell you that the flight was delayed, so you don’t go to the airport so early.
- I got tickets for the next Rolling Stones concert. / I have the tickets for the movie starring Brad Pitt.
- This painting is very nice , I am going to hang it in my house. / The photo you took is beautiful , you should put it in this frame.
- If you want you can leave your wallet in my room . / I painted the walls of my room light blue.
- Juan is very upset about what happened the other night. / I think he got mad because we went to the party and didn’t invite him.
- In this photo you look just like your older brother. / The problem he gave us in the exam was very similar to the one he had given us in the last class.
- Next week they deliver the prizes for the best final works. / My dad received an award for the project he presented with his co-workers.
- They are building a neighborhood of housing for the teachers near my house; it’s looking very nice. / They are going to demolish my grandfather’s house to build apartments.
- In the 1990s they pardoned the military and the guerrillas. / I think you should have apologized for what you said to him.
- My history teacher is very boring. / I gave a book to my piano teacher .
- For the end of the year party I’m going to have to cut my hair . / I think I’m going to dye my hair blonde.
- I didn’t give you any reason to be mad at me. / The causes that started the war were several.
- I always wanted to teach mathematics, but due to schedule issues I never could. / Children should not only be educated at school, but also at home.
- If I had to choose between a trip and a party, I would prefer the trip. / I have to choose the main course for the party, but I haven’t decided yet.
- Jorge is a liar , he was not sick as he had told us. / I don’t like lying people .
- The students organized a party to raise funds for the alumni trip. / Students who misbehave will be required to stay after hours as punishment.
- The money they gave us to do the work was very scarce . / I think that the time they are going to give you to finish the project is very little .
- The homework the teacher gave us for the weekend is very easy . / You are going to love this book: it is very entertaining and simple .
- To get to the museum, you should take this path , which is shorter. / They were found on the trail near your cabin.
We Recommend Below Also: