Emotional gifts are those that reach the hearts of the people who receive them. Children need these types of gifts to grow and evolve as emotionally balanced people. Gifts are important, as long as they are intended to make us feel good and that our emotions are well taken care of.
As you can imagine, we are not referring to gifts that have to do with a lot of money or with material things that actually only enhance impulsiveness and little appreciation of children towards the effort and the affection that a nice gift entails.
Gifts have the power to make the other person feel better, increase the self-esteem of those who receive them and better: enhance gratitude and happiness. It is a wonderful combination that is achieved through an altruistic gesture made from the heart. Therefore, the best are emotional gifts… those that reach the heart.
In order to give your children a good emotional gift, it is important to think carefully about what you want to give and what you want to pass on. As parents, we are the best example for our children and we must act accordingly. To be perfect, a gift must be unique and special, not something that thousands of people have.
It is always a good time to give emotional gifts to our children, but it is very important to do them before they have 10 years, since these are delicate years where our children are forging their personality.
Ideas of emotional gifts for children
Emotional gifts can be made in c any time, not only on special dates such as birthdays. Any day is a good opportunity to make this type of gift. What’s more, when a child doesn’t expect a gift, it will be even more special, although any moment will be perfect!
- Thank you letters. Thank you letters are always They are a great idea to express the feelings we have towards our children and give them words of encouragement whenever they need it.
- Love jar. In the love jar, they will have to be write mini cards with the reasons why they are loved. Ideally, they should be 7 or 31, to open one every day of the week or for a month. It can be cards, notes, etc.
- This is what I want to do with you. In a box or a nice notebook, you can write things you want to do with your child to share with the. Surely when he meets them he will be delighted to do those things with you.
- The grandparents and you. The ideal is to have a book that you have made yourself where the life of your grandparents is explained. grandparents from their infancy to the present moment. Although it is true that you will need to do a little research, it is worth it.
- Surprise party. Surprise and personalized parties are great as emotional gifts. It can be in the place that your child likes the most; on the beach, at home, in the mountains, at the uncle’s house… Think about how to make it fun and for everyone to enjoy.
- Emotional videos. You can record for several short years videos and then edit the video with music and text to make it more beautiful and give it to him when he turns 10. It will be very emotional and I am sure it will be wonderful. If you don’t have much idea of video editing, you record the sequences and save them all so that later a professional can do the editing.
- A letter to be delivered by post. You can ask someone important to your child and who is in the distance to send him an emotional letter that arrives by post. Receiving it and reading it gives a wonderful feeling that is hard to forget.
Of course, you can adapt the gifts to the child’s personality and choose (or create from of these ideas) others that are perfect. Your child will love receiving these emotional gifts!