Zumba is not an exclusive training for adults, children can also benefit from the many advantages it brings to health. In fact, more and more children are joining this exercise that combines aerobics and dance with the purpose of staying active and fit in a fun way.
5 benefits of zumba for child development
- Trains motor skills. Zumba is an excellent exercise to stimulate coordination, flexibility and balance In the kids. It also contributes to developing an adequate perception of body outline and space, while helping to define crossed laterality from an early age.
- Strengthens muscles and bones. Practice Zumba helps to strengthen the skeletal system and tone muscle groups throughout the body. In fact, it is an ideal exercise to train muscular endurance and burn excess calories, which is why it also helps combat childhood obesity.
- Stimulates the cardiorespiratory system. Other of the benefits of Zumba for children is related to its effects on the cardiorespiratory system. Dancing, especially aerobic exercises, increases lung and heart capacity, while helping to improve cardiorespiratory function in children.
- Improves mood. Zumba is an excellent resource to improve mood and prevent anxiety, depression and childhood stress. Practicing Zumba releases excess tension and increases endorphin levels in the brain, which generate a pleasant feeling of well-being and tranquility.
- It promotes emotional balance. Practice Zumba helps children better manage their emotions, while promoting self-control. This is because this exercise favors the secretion of dopamine and serotonin, two neurotransmitters that stimulate relaxation and are involved in emotional balance.
At what age can children start practicing Zumba? ?
Zumba is not a complex fitness exercise, but it does require certain motor skills to keep up and follow the steps. For this reason, although since children learn to walk well, around 3 or 4 years old, they can practice children’s zumba, in reality it is recommended from 7 years old since it is at this age when they develop all the skills that they need.
7 Zumba classes for kids to practice at home with children
1. Despacito – Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee
This class is perfect for children who are starting out in zumba as it is committed to simple movements that do not involve too much effort. To the rhythm of “Despacito”, the little ones can join in this choreography at home to stay active and have a fun time.
2. Electronic Song – Minions
If you are looking for a Zumba class To motivate children to exercise at home, this can be an excellent option. It is a fairly complete choreography that works different parts of the body, with electronic music in the background. In addition, it has a trainer who will teach the little ones how to do the exercises well.
3. I Like To Move It – will.i.am
Four. Lil Nas X – Old Town Road ft. Billy Ray Cyrus
5. Waka Waka – Shakira
6. Calypso – Luis Fonsi ft. Stefflon Don
7. Con Calma – Daddy Yankee & Snow