Since it became popular back in 2017, the trend of making homemade slime has not stopped growing. Currently, unicorn mucus, gorilla mucus or crazy mucus, as it is also known, has become one of the favorite toys of crafts fans since, once ready, they can shape many figures with this kind of sticky putty.
Without a doubt, it is an excellent resource for children to acquire agility and dexterity with their fingers, while improving fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Likewise, it is an ideal activity for them to develop their creativity and let their imagination fly while relaxing tensions and activating their senses. And besides, it is very easy to prepare at home! So it is the perfect excuse to spend some fun time with the family.
3 easy and fun ideas to make slime at home
Helping children to make their own slime at home is not complicated. You need to have on hand the materials that will give consistency to the slime and then, it only remains to put desire and a dose of fun. Of course, make sure to use safe materials to avoid the risk of poisoning in children since, after all, it is a home experiment. In Stage Children we have made a compilation of 3 quick and safe “recipes” that you can make with children at home so that they can show off their own slime. The 25 best foods rich in calcium and how to make them effective.
1. Basic Slime
- ½ cup of clear or washable white PVA glue
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup liquid starch
- Food coloring
- Glitter, stars or similar elements, optional
- In a large bowl-style container, mix the water and glue together.
- When you get a homogeneous mixture, add the food coloring.
- To give it a more personalized touch, you can add a little glitter, stars or any other similar element.
- Pour in the liquid starch and continue mixing until it begins to take on texture.
- Mix the dough with both hands until you notice that it acquires a sticky consistency.
2. Slime with toothpaste
- White glue
- Food colors with the shades of the rainbow
- ice cream stick to mix
- Pour the glue in equal parts into different containers, preferably glass or plastic. You will need as many containers as colored slime you want to create.
- Add the food coloring with the different shades of the rainbow in each container. One color per container.
- Gradually pour in the toothpaste and mix with the popsicle stick. Start with about 50 ml of paste and keep adding gradually until you get the right texture.
- Work each of the doughs to make a kind of strips.
- Finally, combine all the strips, one next to the other, to create a beautiful multi-colored slime.
3. Slime with shampoo
- ½ cup of shampoo
- ice cream stick to mix
- In a large, bowl-style container, pour the shampoo.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar and mix.
- Keep adding sugar until the shampoo takes on a sticky, stretchy texture.
- Store the container in the freezer for at least two hours to gain texture.
- Take it out of the fridge and it will be ready for the little ones to have fun.
3 slime kit with accessories at your fingertips
Whether you are not a big fan of crafts, do not have all the materials, do not have a lot of time or simply do not want to complicate yourself too much, on the Internet you can find both ready-made slime and accessories for children to give their personal touch and play shape. From kits with different colored slime, glitter and foam balls to toy molds and accessories to manipulate slime, you’ll find tons of items for kids to let their imaginations run wild with this set. Here are some of the kits that you are sure to love.
1. KiddosLand 12 Colors Slime Kit
If you prefer to save yourself the work of creating homemade slime from scratch, this kit from KiddosLand will come in handy. It is a fairly complete kit as it includes 12 containers of slime in different colors that only need a little water to get texture, 10 bottles of glitter powder and a bag of fishbowl pearls that children can use to give it a personalized touch. to your creations. Unlike other slimes, it’s not too sticky or dirty on surfaces, so kids can easily pick it up when they’re done playing. The set also includes fruit pieces, a unicorn and some slime accessories to add a bit of fun to the game.
2. Slime Original Stationery Kit
If your children are excited to create their own slime but you don’t want to get too complicated, you can bet on this Original Stationery kit. From glue, modeling compound, foam balls and powdered snow to food coloring, glitter flakes and scents, this kit includes everything kids need to create their own homemade slime. In addition, it comes with some accessories to mix and cut the putty easily, as well as airtight containers so that the little ones can store their dough once it is ready. There is also an instruction manual that explains to children how to make various types of slime, you can make more than 100 different combinations! It is worth noting that it is 100% hypoallergenic, so it is safe for children.
Practical and functional, with this slime kit the little ones at home will be able to make their own putty at home quickly and easily since they only need to mix the bags of slime powder with water and voilà! they can begin to shape the figures that come to mind. The kit also includes several bags with decorations, confetti, glitter and figurines so that they can give it their personal touch and have fun creating original designs. There are also some containers with a lid so that they can store the slime once it is ready, which will allow them to use it on another occasion without it drying out too much. And, so they can take the accessories wherever they go, it includes a comfortable case with plenty of space inside.