Do you notice that lately you are losing more hair than usual? Probably the fault lies with the season we are in. It is normal for autumn to cause hair loss. One of the causes is the reduction in the number of hours of sunlight, which causes an alteration in the production of melatonin.
Hair loss in autumn can be alarming, as the number of hairs lost at this time can triple. The good part is that it’s probably just a seasonal loss. Don’t be nervous, surely in a few weeks everything will return to normal.
However, you can always take a series of measures to mitigate hair loss in autumn. Discover them below.
HAIR LOSS AND DIET
Sometimes we are not aware of the importance of a good diet for our health. And hair loss is no exception. Although there is no miracle food, specialists insist on the need to eat a balanced diet to stop hair loss. What do you have to eat?
- Foods that provide iron , such as lentils, vegetables or red meat.
- Vitamin C, because it helps to assimilate iron better.
- Foods that provide zinc, a mineral present in fish and meat.
- Vitamins A (eggs, fish, or dairy), B, and D (dairy) are also important.
- Foods with Omega 3 fatty acids , present in oily fish or nuts.
- Quality nutricosmetics can also help curb seasonal hair loss.
On the contrary, you should reduce the consumption of caffeine, sugars, carbohydrates, fats and salt.
HOW TO WASH YOUR HEAD TO STOP HAIR LOSS
Seasonal hair loss differs from other types in that usually the largest number of hairs fall out when washing the head. That’s why you have to be careful how you do it. These are some keys:
- Brush the hair before washing it.
- Wash your hair frequently so that hair products do not accumulate on the scalp.
- If you use a hair product to strengthen the hair, it will penetrate better the cleaner the scalp is.
- Do not rub your hair during washing, as friction can damage the fibers. The shampoo should be applied with a gentle massage.
- It is advisable to use shampoos with a neutral pH, without parabens, sulfates and alcohols.
- When you apply the conditioner or mask, take the opportunity to give yourself a scalp massage. In this way you will stimulate circulation and delay hair loss.
- Rinse the hair very well, if possible with cold water.
COMBING AND DRYING INFLUENCES HAIR LOSS
After washing, it’s time to brush your hair. This step must be done carefully, using soft brushes and, if possible, with dry hair.
This brings us to drying. It is better that you do not use a dryer or iron, as these devices dry out the hair and make it more brittle. Ideally, you should air-dry your hair upside down to stimulate blood circulation.
And when it comes to combing your hair, avoid tight hairstyles and hair bands.
NIGHT ROUTINE TO STOP HAIR LOSS
After all day, the hair accumulates dirt. The best way to remove it is by brushing it well (between 10 and 20 strokes, depending on the amount of hair).
It would not hurt if you then massaged the scalp for a couple of minutes to remove dead cells. You can use some oil, such as coconut, almond, olive, castor or rosemary.
In addition to all that has been said, you should know that tobacco weakens the hair follicles, which results in hair loss. There you have one more reason to stop smoking .