There are different types of outdoor arm exercises , that is, you can do them without going to a gym.
In this case, we are going to focus on a muscle of the arm that tends to accumulate fat easily and that tends to remain “flaccid”: the triceps.
This muscle occupies practically the entire posterior face of the humerus, and is mainly responsible for allowing us to extend the elbow.
OUTDOOR ARM EXERCISE ROUTINE
The triceps (as well as the rest of the body) does not need a gym to be worked on, so we propose a series of outdoor arm exercises for which you will only need your own weight.
Our suggestion is that you perform the following exercises, one after the other, as a routine. Carry out 3 series of 8 to 10 repetitions of each of them, leaving a few minutes between one and the other.
The difficulty of execution is moderate so they are ideal if you are a beginner. The repetitions will go hand in hand with your resistance and physical capacity. It is important that you do not force yourself, start with a lower number, and increase it as you master the exercise.
You can do the arm exercises outdoors in any order you like!
1. Diamond push-ups
To carry out this exercise we must:
- Place ourselves on the floor, since we will be doing push-ups but with our hands very close together. So that both thumbs and both extended indexes are almost touching, forming a kind of diamond.
- In this way, we force the triceps to work with greater intensity than in classic push-ups, where the chest does most of the work.
- We keep the elbows glued to the trunk when flexing and extending the arms.
A variant of this exercise, which facilitates its execution and decreases its difficulty, is to support the knees on the ground, instead of keeping the legs straight.
2. Dynamic plank
The iron is an exercise where, initially, the abdominal muscles are strengthened, but this version makes the triceps work too. Thus, to carry out the second of the outdoor arm exercises that we propose, we must:
- Get into the plank position, with your elbows resting on the ground. The objective is to go from supporting ourselves with them to doing it with our hands, leaving our arms well stretched out.
- To do this, we do it in a controlled way, first with one arm and then with the other. You will notice that, in addition to the arms and abdomen, the shoulders also work intensely.
- We go from one position to another.
3. Funds in bank
This exercise can be done anywhere and is very effective at working the triceps. To carry it out we must:
- Start from a support (on a bench for example), where we will place our hands under our shoulders, with our arms stretched out. The legs should be slightly bent, with the feet resting on the ground (by the heels).
- From this position, we perform flexion and extension of arms. We must prevent the shoulders from sinking while we are doing the exercise.
Depending on where the legs are placed (on the ground or in a higher place) the working angle and the area will vary. You can try to combine with your feet higher or lower depending on your level and improve little by little.
Remember that it is important to be in shape, but it is also important to leave the necessary time to rest so that the muscles recover from the effort and can develop properly. For this reason, we recommend that you save at least one day of rest between one training session and another.