Warm drink perfect to have at Christmas Eve dinner
If you are looking for a warm drink to complete your Christmas menu, we propose the punch, a Mexican recipe that parents and children will enjoy.
Given the amount of ingredients it contains, it may seem that it is a very complicated Christmas recipe , but we assure you that it is not, it is a very simple drink to make and with an exquisite flavor.
MORE RECIPES OF THE DAY OF CHRISMAS
- Ideas to take advantage of the leftovers of Christmas meals
- Baked prawns. New Year’s Eve recipe for kids
- Punch Traditional Christmas recipe from Mexico
- Christmas recipes. Polvorones for allergic children
For the elaboration of the Mexican punch, it is necessary that you have two typical ingredients of the country: the tejocotes and the piloncillos. Tejecotes are like very tough dwarf apples, and piloncillo is a Latin American sweet made from the juice of sugar cane.
- 200 gr of hawthorn
- Four liters of water
- 200 gr of guava
- Two apples
- 500 gr of cane
- 200 gr of raisins
- Jamaica Flowers
- A cinnamon stick
- Two piloncillos
Step-by-step preparation of the Mexican punch
1. Peel the hawthorn, cut the apples and peel the canes and cut them lengthwise into four parts.
2. Put the four liters of water in a pot, add the cinnamon and the piloncillos, and bring the water to a boil.
3. When the water is boiling, add the canes, apples and hawthorn. Lower the heat to medium intensity and leave it for 45 minutes. 7 recipes to savor poblano chili peppers.
4. Then add the guavas, hibiscus flowers and raisins, and simmer for 30 minutes.