With a baby at home, a bottle warmer becomes essential. Its use will not only make your day-to-day easier as it allows you to heat the baby’s milk in the blink of an eye, but it also does so at the exact temperature, neither more nor less. In addition, it is an accessory that you can use later to heat your baby’s jars or formulas , so it will become an excellent ally in your kitchen. However, if you want it to be with you for a long time and to fulfill its function well, you’d better choose the right bottle warmer.
Keys to buy a good bottle warmer
When choosing a bottle warmer, it is not only important to take into account the quality of the materials and its design, it is also essential to assess the functionalities it offers and the use you will give it. Here are some details that will help you make a good selection:
- heating method. Basically, there are two types of bottle warmers: those that use steam and those that use water baths or a water bath. If you are looking for a quick accessory, the best option is a steam bottle warmer. However, keep in mind that with this type of bottle warmer, the outside of the bottle tends to get quite hot and does not heat the milk evenly, so there may be areas that are hotter or colder than others. On the other hand, a bottle warmer that works with a water bath will heat the milk more slowly and evenly, but it will take a little longer.
- Mode of use. Did you know that there are bottle warmers that you can use in the car? These are portable bottle warmers that you can take with you wherever you go to heat your baby’s milk both during the journey and when you arrive at your destination, so if you travel frequently, this may be the best option. On the other hand, if you will only use it at home, a traditional electric bottle warmer will be more practical. You should also take into account its adaptability since there are models that only accept one type of bottle while others work with bottles of any shape and size.
- Additional functions. If you want to continue using the bottle warmer after your baby starts eating solid foods, you should opt for a model that also heats jars and other baby foods. Also, if you have twins at home or your baby is not satisfied with a single bottle, it will still be more convenient for you to choose a double or multiple bottle warmer, so that you can heat at least two bottles at the same time.
8 perfect bottle warmers for your baby
1. Nuk bottle warmer
Practical and compact, this Nuk model is everything you need to heat your baby’s milk quickly and easily. You’ll have a hot 120ml bottle in just 90 seconds! Of course, as long as it is at room temperature, because if it is cold it will take a little longer. This thanks to its powerful steam system that allows you to heat the milk in a fairly homogeneous way. Another point in your favor? You can use it to heat both bottles and jars up to 72 mm in diameter, so it can be used to heat milk as well as baby jars. In addition, it has an automatic shutdown system that is activated at the end of each cycle, while it has a comfortable basket that makes it easy to remove the bottles so you don’t burn yourself when you take them out. The 25 best foods rich in calcium and how to make them effective.
2. Béaba Bib’expresso bottle warmer
Practical and fast, with the Béaba Bib’expresso you can heat the baby’s bottle in just 30 seconds. Your secret? It heats the water inside the container itself and then pours it into the bottle so you can prepare formula milk in record time. In addition, it includes a water bath function so that you can also heat bottles of milk and jars, which will allow you to continue using the device as the baby grows. Thanks to its temperature control system you can heat food to 22ºC or 37ºC while its automatic shutdown function guarantees that it does not overheat. It also includes a removable and portable compartment that will allow you to comfortably take it with you wherever you go to heat your baby’s food when you need it.
3. Reer 3310 bottle warmer
If you are looking for a practical and functional bottle warmer, but you are not willing to invest too much, this Reer model is an excellent choice. Ideal for both standard neck and wide neck bottles, it allows you to heat water, milk, jars and some baby foods, so you can use it for a long time. Thanks to the fact that it works with a bain-marie, it heats food evenly and at a stable temperature, which maintains its nutritional properties and prevents some parts from being hotter/colder than others. Of course, it takes between 6 and 8 minutes, so you must turn it on well in advance. And in addition, it is very simple to use and safe since it has an optical light thermostat that controls that the food does not overheat.
4. Philips Avent bottle warmer
5. Chicco bottle warmer
Practical, simple and functional, with the Chicco bottle warmer you can heat the milk as well as the baby’s food. This is because it has two programs that allow you to heat food quickly but gradually,keeping intact all the properties of the food. In addition, it keeps the temperature stable for an hour so you can have it ready even before your baby wakes up. And it is very versatile! Thanks to its compact size you can take it on the road comfortably, while it includes an adapter plug that allows you to connect it even in the car when you are on the road. It also has an automatic shutdown system that prevents food from overheating, while offering you greater freedom of movement since you don’t have to be aware of the device.
6. Miniland bottle warmer
If you are looking for a functional and compact bottle warmer for home, this model is a good option. Not only does it take up very little space but it is also very versatile as it allows you to defrost, heat and sterilize milk and jars quickly and evenly. Unlike other bottle warmers, it automatically calculates the time each food needs, taking into account the type of food, the size of the container and the initial temperature. And it has an intuitive illuminated screen that shows the settings and the progress of each cycle so you can know how much time is left for each food. Another point in your favor? It can be used both at home and in the car, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
7. Grownsy bottle warmer
If you are looking for a practical and multifunctional bottle warmer, this Grownsy model is perfect. Made with food-grade materials, it has five different functions: rapid heating, sterilization, food heating, normal heating and defrosting, so that it will accompany you throughout your little one’s growth. It works by means of steam, so that it allows you to heat a bottle of milk in just 3 minutes. And to make your work easier, it has a timer with an automatic shutdown system so you can heat the bottle only for as long as you need, as well as an intelligent memory that remembers the last setting so you don’t have to program it every time.
8. Himaly bottle warmer
Whether you have twins at home or a little wolverine, this double bottle warmer will come in handy as it allows you to warm up to two bottles at once. Another advantage? It has multiple functions that allow you to heat with steam and a water bath, heat food supplements, sterilize and keep food temperatures stable throughout the night.Thanks to its high-temperature steam sterilization system, it not only disinfects bottles but also pacifiers, spoons and forks, while its high lid design prevents dust from entering the interior to prevent food from becoming contaminated. In addition, it is very easy to use since it allows you to program the different functions up to 2 hours in advance, all through its operation panel with LED screen that shows the temperature and minutes in real time.