Pets with a lot of personality
Some cats are very friendly while others are reserved; some are active and playful, others are very lazy. Each cat has a different and unique personality, however, they all have something in common: they belong to the feline family just like the cheetah and the lion.
Cats are agile and fast and can move without making any noise. They can climb trees and although they don’t like water, they can swim too!
- Cats are one of the most popular pets in the world, there are more than 500 million of them in the world. It is said that humans domesticated cats in order to catch rodents in the home. Today, jacks are often used in barns and boats to keep rodents under control.
- Cats are carnivores, which means they eat meat. Like their wild relatives, they are natural hunters: their sharp, retractable claws and teeth are adapted for hunting small animals such as birds, mice, and rats.
- Cats are very territorial so they do not like to share their space, they communicate this by marking trees, posts or furniture with their claws or their urine. Through this behavior they inform others that the marked space belongs to them.
- Domestic cats weigh around 8 pounds to 11 pounds.
- The color and size of the cats will depend on the breed to which they belong. Some have abundant fur like the Persian cat and others are hairless like the Sphynx cat. The manx cat is very special, it does not have a tail.
- Cats conserve their energy by sleeping an average of 13 to 14 hours a day and live 12 to 14 years. For these wonderful pets to live long and healthy lives, we must provide them with the right food, exercise, veterinary care, and lots of affection.