Yes, it seems that after almost a month and a half of confinement, children will be able to go out on the street. They may have to do so with schedules, accompanied and of course, with all the hygiene measures and proper prevention. Parents will be responsible for compliance with the measures and must let their children know that they do not go out to play or to the park. They also don’t go out to play with friends, nor will they be able to see their relatives.
They will be able to go outside, but with great restrictions. Necessary limitations to be able to guarantee their health and that of others. Because we are still in a state of alarm, which although it has certain modifications, we have not yet come out of the pandemic and we have to act accordingly.
The children will be able to leave
The exact schedule is not yet known, and there are many things that need to be clarified. We are waiting for the Spanish government to say exactly what can and cannot be done, the schedule and ultimately, give instructions to all parents to make these outings correctly with our children.
There are many children who live in large houses with gardens who may not feel that urgent need to go out. But others live in small apartments without balconies or terraces where they can play outdoors or get the sun. It is for them above all, that these extraordinary measures are going to be taken to be able to go out on the street for a while every day.
Catalonia, a pioneer in saying what it will be like
The Generalitat de Catalunya has published some measures for children to go out on the streets. These are measures that will be carried out throughout the Catalan territory, but we will have to wait a few days to find out what it will be like in the rest of the Spanish territory. For now, we are going to tell you about the measures that the Generalitat has decided on.
Who will be able to go out and in what time slots?
- Children up to 6 years old: from 12 noon to 2 p.m. (younger than three years old in the stroller).
- Children from 6 to 16 years old: from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Over 16s: from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Those under 16 must go out accompanied by an adult from the family nucleus with whom they live. Family units that live together can go out together and use the time slot of the oldest child. A self-responsible declaration will be required for both accompanying adults and those over 16 who can go out alone.
What can be done at the exits?
- Open public gardens can be used.
- You will not be able to go to the parks or children’s and play spaces, nor will you be able to use swings or if thousands.
- Public transport or private vehicles may not be used.
- You may not eat or drink.
- You may not use sports equipment .
- You will not be able to enter shops, except if the child is left alone outside.
And if you meet people you know on the street? ?
- Causal meetings of a maximum of 2 family units will be allowed, maintaining a distance of 2 meters between people and for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Meetings cannot be held organized.
- No physical contact (hugs, kisses, etc.) is allowed.
- It is necessary to maintain a distance of 2 meters from people on the street, but this will not be necessary between members of the family unit who live in the same household.
- Children and adolescents diagnosed or with symptoms compatible with COVID-19 (to s, fever or respiratory distress), or those who live with people diagnosed or with symptoms.
- They can move a maximum of one kilometer from the home, it is advisable to walk to the right.
- Masks must be used (they can be homemade, surgical or hygienic). In the case of children from 0 to 3 years old, it is not necessary.
- It is necessary to wash your hands when entering and leaving the house.
- Before leaving, it is necessary to take the temperature to all the people in the family nucleus and if any member of the nucleus is over 37ºC, no member of the family will be able to go out.
- The stairs must be used and not the elevator.
These are the recommendations in the case of Catalonia, but now we know the measures for the rest of the Spanish national territory. You can find them here.