Maintaining a varied and balanced diet at home is essential for the growth and health of children. Most parents are aware of this, but with the daily rush they often resort to dinners fast foods that are high in sugars, fats, simple carbohydrates and salt. However, there are so many delicious and healthy recipes that are very easy to prepare so you don’t have to spend too much time and kids can eat healthy.
10 easy dinners you can make at home
1. Eggplant Pizza
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cooked ham
- Black pepper
- Cut the eggplant, the same as length than width, as if they were small mini pizzas.
- Add salt on both sides and put it in a colander so that it loses its acidity, approximately 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven on to 200º and add a few drops of oil to a baking tray.
- Wash the aubergine slices and pass them through kitchen paper to remove excess moisture. Place them on the baking tray and add a little salt.
- Spread a few tablespoons of tomato sauce on top of the eggplant and cover with grated mozzarella cheese. You can also use fresh cheese or any other cheese you have at home.
- Cut the cooked ham into small pieces and add it on top.
- Clean the mushrooms as finely as possible and also place them on the aubergine.
- Add the spices to taste.
- Put in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven, let stand for about 5 minutes and it will be ready to serve.
2. Smoked Salmon and Avocado Wraps
- Whole-grain tortillas
- Smoked salmon
- 2 avocados
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Red onion
- Place a saucepan on the fire with water and salt and add the eggs. Let them cook for about 8 minutes, then remove and let cool.
- Peel the onion and cut it into very small pieces. Reserve in a bowl.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into four pieces and add them to the onion.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them into cubes, be careful not to break them in excess yolk. Add them to the rest of the ingredients.
- Wash the coriander leaves, cut them and add them to the bowl.
- Open the avocado and cut it into cubes. To do this, first cut it in half, turn each half in one direction, remove the bone and skin and chop.
- Mix all the ingredients, add salt and lemon juice. Stir carefully and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spread out a tortilla and place the slices of smoked salmon on top.
- Cover with the filling you have prepared.
- Roll up the tortilla carefully and it’s ready. Enjoy!
3. Cream of zucchini and cheese
- 1 ½ courgette
- 2 onions
- Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cubes of vegetable broth or natural broth
- Olive oil
- A glass of liquid cream
- Ground pepper
- Peel and cut the onions.
- In a pan, pour a little olive oil and butter in equal parts and brown the onions.
- Wash and cut the courgettes into cubes.
- When the onion is half done, add the courgettes, two cubes of broth and water until you cover the vegetables.
- Let everything boil. Add salt and a little pepper.
- When the zucchini is soft, blend the mixture in a blender with a few tablespoons of the water where you cooked the vegetables.
- Add the cheese and a little of liquid cream.
- Whip well and serve.
- Garnish with the finely chopped chives.
- You can serve hot or cold.
4. Tuna and Zucchini Tortilla
- A large can of tuna in olive oil
- 3 courgettes
- 7 eggs
- Olive oil
- Peel the onion, wash it and cut it into small pieces.
- In a pan, pour a little olive oil and brown the onion.
- Meanwhile, cut the ends of courgettes, peel and cut into small pieces.
- Add them to the pan when the onion has browned.
- Add salt and pepper and let everything cook.
- Beat the eggs on a plate and add a little salt.
- Open the can of tuna and remove as much oil as possible.
- When the vegetables are soft, drain and pour over the eggs. Mix well and add the tuna.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil and pour the mixture.
- Cook the tortilla on one side and then turn it over.
5. Salmon and Cheese Rolls
Roll dough for two:
- 1 egg
- 2 level tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- Olive oil
- Smoked salmon
- Cream cheese
- Place all the ingredients of the roll dough in a blender glass and beat at maximum speed. If you don’t have a mixer at home, you can do it manually until you achieve a homogeneous texture.
- Grease a frying pan with oil. When it is hot, add a little dough until it covers the entire surface and let it cook on one side, and when it is ready, turn it over.
- Remove from the pan and continue with the rest of the dough until finished.
- In a bowl, pour two tablespoons of cream cheese and add the chives cut into small pieces. Stir until well blended.
- Spread the rolls with the cheese and place the smoked salmon on top, covering the entire surface.
- Carefully roll the rolls so they don’t open.
- Use toothpicks to secure them. When they are well closed, cut slices about two centimeters thick.
- Place on a plate and it will be ready to enjoy at the table.
6 . Avocado Toast with Turkey and Tomato
- Whole-grain toasts
- Baked turkey
- Olive oil
- In a toaster, heat the toast until golden brown.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and remove the skin. Cut the dough into pieces and put it in a bowl.
- Add a little salt and olive oil to the avocado and mash with the help of a fork until you have a fairly homogeneous mixture.
- Place the mixture on the toasted bread.
- Meanwhile, cut the fresh tomato into thin slices.
- Add a couple of slices to the toast, depending on the size, until all is covered the surface.
- Complement with the turkey cut into pieces.
- You can serve it as is or fry it in a pan for a few minutes so that the flavors mix.
7. Carrot and Cheese Pancakes
- 3 carrots, grated on each side coarser grater
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 small eggs
- Fine salt
- Olive oil
- Grate the carrots on a grater and place them on a colander to drain the excess well of liquid.
- You can press them a little with your hand so that they are very dry.
- In a bowl, pour the carrots and add the cheese, salt and pepper, flour and the eggs.
- Mix everything to form a dough as homogeneous as possible. Make sure there are no lumps of flour.
- Meanwhile, place a non-stick pan with a little oil on the heat.
- When the oil is hot, pour in small portions of the dough and with the help of a spoon shape it into a pancake without making them too thick.
- When they are cooked on one side, turn them over so that they brown on the other side.
- On a plate, place a kitchen paper and take out the pancakes.
- When the excess fat has drained, decorate with a tablespoon of cream cheese or Greek yogurt.
- Serve and Let’s eat!
8. Stuffed Lettuce Wraps
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Canned tuna
- Piquillo pepper strips
- Cheese slices
- Crab sticks
- Sliced turkey or chicken meat
- Mayonnaise sauce
- Choose the largest lettuce leaves, preferably the outer ones. Cut off the middle stem at the base to give the leaves more flexibility. Wash them and let them dry.
- When the leaves are dry, pour a little mustard on the inside.
- Place the rest of the ingredients, whole or cut, as you prefer.
- Finish with a little mayonnaise. Be careful not to put too much padding to make it easier to fold the sheet into shape. Also, it will be lighter this way.
- Once all the filling has been placed, press the lettuce leaf and begin to roll it up so that it is well closed. If necessary, you can finish off with a toothpick so that it does not open.
- Serve immediately. If you’re not going to serve them right away, you can always keep the dish in the fridge.
9. Chicken fillets in white sauce
- Thin chicken fillets
- 1 glass of whole milk
- White wine
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Chopped parsley
- In a pan, pour a little oil and a bay leaf.
- Peel and slice the garlic cloves. Add it to the pan and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the fillets and let them brown on both sides.
- When they are ready, add a little salt.
- Add a little wine and turn up the heat so that the alcohol evaporates.
- Then, add the milk to the pan and the chopped parsley.
- Stir from time to time and let the sauce gain consistency.
- When it starts to reduce, turn off the heat and let stand for a few minutes.
- Serve and it will be ready to enjoy.
- You can accompany it with some steamed vegetables or a little boiled brown rice.
10. Mashed Potato Egg in Nest
- 4 medium potatoes
- 6 eggs
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces. Place them in a pot and cover with water.
- When the potatoes are cooked, mash them while they are still hot using a potato masher or a fork.
- Add a little butter and salt and continue grinding until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Add two beaten eggs and mix.
- Meanwhile, place a baking paper on a tray. Pour in the mashed potatoes and shape into a cake, leaving a hole in the middle big enough for the eggs to fit in.
- Open the eggs, sprinkle a little salt on them and pour them into the nest of mashed potatoes.
- With the oven at about 150º, bake the mashed potatoes for about 10 minutes until you notice that the egg in the center has curdled.
- Remove the nest of mashed potatoes potato and let stand a few minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.