Did you know that 36.6% of Spanish families make it to the end of the month and that 11.1% have to dip into their savings to be able to pay their expenses? This was revealed by a survey carried out by the CIS last April in which it came to light that 5.3% of families have had to incur debts in order to pay their monthly expenses. Many large families or families with dependents with disabilities are part of these figures.
Whether you have a large family or a dependent person with a disability, you should know that there are some ways to make ends meet thanks to state aid, the deduction for a large family or a dependent person with a disability is one of those alternatives. In the Infant Stage we explain what it consists of, what requirements you must meet and how you can benefit from this aid. Teach kids how to plant avocado seeds in 5 steps..
What is the deduction for a large family, for ascendants with two children or for dependent persons with disabilities?
The deduction for a large family, for ascendants with two children or for dependent persons with disabilities is, basically, a type of deduction in the Income Tax of Physical Persons to which ascendants or orphaned siblings of father and mother can take advantage. who form a large family, parents legally separated or without marriage ties who live with two or more children without the right to receive annuities for maintenance and who have the right to receive the minimum per descendant.
What requirements must you meet to benefit from this deduction?
To benefit from the deduction for a large family, for ascendants with two children or for dependents with disabilities, it is necessary to be in one of these two cases:
- Be a taxpayer entitled to the minimum deduction for descendant or ascendant with a disability of at least 33%, ascendant or sibling orphan of father and mother, part of a large family or ascendant legally separated or without marriage bond with two children for whom you have the right to the entire minimum, but not to annuities for food. In this case, it is necessary to carry out an activity on their own or for another’s account, for which they are registered in the Social Security or Mutual Scheme and have contributed the minimum established terms.
- Be a beneficiary taxpayer of a benefit from the public unemployment system or a pension, with the right to the deduction of the minimum for descendant or ascendant with at least 33% disability, part of a large family or ascendant legally separated or without marriage bond with two children without the right to receive an annuity for maintenance. In this case, it is not necessary to carry out a work activity on your own or for someone else, to apply the limit of the amount of contributions and fees paid to Social Security and Mutual.
In both cases, both the applicant and the owners of the large family and the descendants or ascendants that appear in the application must have a tax identification number, without which the application cannot be accessed.
It is worth noting that in the event that two or more taxpayers are entitled to this deduction for the same descendant, ascendant or large family, its amount will be divided equally. The deductions will be calculated proportionally to the number of months in which the requirements are met simultaneously and will be limited by the total Social Security and Mutual contributions and contributions in each case.
How much will you charge for applying for this deduction?
Opting for the deduction for a large family, for ascendants with two children or for dependent persons with disabilities will allow you to benefit from some advantages in your income statement or in the form of an advance payment of 100 or 200 euros, by bank transfer:
- For a large family you can receive 1,200 euros per year
- For a large family in a special category you can receive 2,400 euros per year
- For a single parent family with two children you can receive 1,200 euros per year
- For each disabled descendant you can receive 1,200 euros per year
- For each ascendant with a disability you can receive 1,200 euros per year
How can you request this deduction?
There are different ways to access the large family deduction, by ascendant with two children or dependent persons with disabilities:
- Electronically. In this case, you must have an electronic DNI, digital certificate or Cl@ve PIN. The request is made by presenting form 143 with each of the deductions to which you are entitled at the Electronic Office of the Tax Agency .
- By phone. In this case, the amount from box 450 of the personal income tax return for the previous year must be provided to number 901 200 345 .
- By face-to-face In this situation, form 143 must be completed and printed from the Tax Agency website and presented at any of the Tax Agency offices .
In the event that there is more than one person entitled to the deduction, it may be requested individually or collectively. If it is presented individually, each applicant will be paid the amount resulting from dividing the appropriate amount. If it is presented collectively, the payment of the full deduction will be made to the person who appears as the first applicant.
It is worth noting that once the early refund request has been processed, it is not necessary to make a new request at the beginning of the following year to continue receiving the early payment, unless you want to change the modality of the request from individual to collective or vice versa.
When can you request this deduction?
The request for the deduction can be made from the moment in which all the requirements and conditions that grant the right to receive it are met. At the time of its presentation, the applicant can even opt for the advance payment method, in which case it will not be necessary to renew it at the end of the following financial year.