Choosing a name for your baby is not an easy task, although it may seem simple, you will already know what we mean. For this reason, we present the meaning of striking names that you can take into account if you are in that election process. We are going to explain the meaning of the name Hector.
Etymology of the name Hector:
According to anthroponymic studies, it is considered that the name Hector is a nomen agentis of the Greek verb échien which means “to have”, in this sense the name refers to ” he who has or possesses “. According to the tradition of Greek mythology, Hector was a Trojan prince son of Priam and Hecuba, brother of Paris and Cassandra. He defended the city from the Achaeans during the Trojan War and is killed by Achilles. The Iliad tells of his exploits on the battlefield and his participation in the decisive war. Héctor is the variant of the name in Spanish.
Hektor in German and Bosnian, Héctor in Catalan, Hektór in Czech, Hektor in Croatian and Danish, Hektoro in Esperanto, Etor in Basque, Hector in French and Welsh, Héitor in Galician, Hekhtori in Gregorian, Ettore in Italian and Maltese, Hektors in Latvian, Hektoras in Lithuanian, Heitor in Portuguese, Gektor in Russian and Ukrainian. Its diminutive is usually Hec. The most common female variant is usually Hecuba.
Famous people named Hector:
Hector Walter Giardino
- Argentinian guitarist : he was born in 1960 in Buenos Aires and is dedicated to music in the haevy metal and hard rock style. With several years of experience, he is the leader and founder of the Rata Blanca gang. He is a talented, creative man with great ideals that he does not take long to share.
- Puerto Rican-American singer-songwriter and music producer : also known as The Singer of the Singers, he was born in Ponce in 1946. He is recognized in various sectors as the best salsa singer and performer throughout history and one of the most influential Latin artists , especially during the years 1960 to 1980 where his musical success boomed. He sang with the Fania All Stars and Willie Colón. Seven film productions have been made in his honor. He was a simple and sensitive man, who knew how to enjoy the small and big things in life without distinction. Friendly and very graceful.
Hector Santos Llorente
- Spanish athlete : he was born in Madrid in 1998, he started his career at an early age and is an athlete specialized in the long jump. He started in high jump that made him champion in competitions at the age of 12. He is currently the sub-23 European runner-up in the area. He is a persevering, determined, bold and very intelligent boy in everything he does.
- American Entertainer, Stylist, and Activist : Also known as Héctor Crespo, he was born in 1965 and is a recognized figure in the New York scene and at dances. He has interests in fashion and is a public defender of human rights. He is a risky, innovative person who likes to stand out for his elegant appearance.
Hector Pablo Lucchetti
- Argentine sportsman : born in 1905 and excelled at fencing. He won the bronze medal at the 1928 Summer Olympics. He was a calm person, very self-confident and communicative.
General characteristics of the most famous people named Hector:
Generally, people with this name are the ones who take the first step, maintain a constant energy and have security in their words, they can become very suspicious. They are the ones who have initiatives and make decisions. They have great creativity and seek to be in movement so that their creative capacity does not feel stagnant, in the same way, they do not usually follow the rules blindly. Sometimes he can seem like a daring person who seeks to challenge the established to innovate with his cunning. They are usually nice, friendly and good friends .