When you are a father or a mother and you are educating your children, you may not always think that there are certain limits that cannot be exceeded. Both fathers and mothers always think of do things for the good of their children, both in the long term and in the short term. It’s just that there are times when those limits can be exceeded without realizing it.
Parents try be perfect so that your children do things right: tidy up their bedroom, spend quality time with the family, keep the house tidy and always have food in the fridge. But we have to be aware as fathers and mothers that this perfection does not exist. You cannot pretend to achieve this perfection because you simply will not be able to do it.
What is necessary is to be aware of that there are some limits that cannot be exceeded in motherhood or fatherhood, especially in everything related to the upbringing and education of our children.
You will always be their best example
It is important that you always keep in your mind that you are the best example for your children. When you talk, when you do things, when you show your temper… There will always be little eyes watching everything you do or little ears listening to everything you say. Every day when you wake up in the mornings, you need to remember to be the best role model for your children. Therefore, keep the following in mind:
- Don’t say things you don’t want your children to repeat
- Don’t do things you don’t want your children to do
- Think about things before you say them
- Take a deep breath before yelling or saying things you might regret later
- If you need to leave the scene to calm down, do so. If you have to scream with your head on a cushion, do it! But don’t let your children see you
- Work on self-control and your own self-awareness
- It is important that you learn to breathe before you explode
- You are human, so what you will make mistakes, if this happens, clarify the situation with your children and always apologize
Limits that you cannot exceed in the upbringing and education of your children
Never exceed these limits in the education and upbringing of your children, you need to keep it in mind to avoid regrets later! !
- Don’t always look at your mobile because if you want to turn off the TV or take away your mobile… it won’t make sense.
- Don’t talk badly, don’t say swear words or ugly words in front of your children or in a short time, they will also say them one after the other and more often than you.
- Don’t make comments that you don’t want other people to know. Children are experts at saying the least appropriate things at the least appropriate times.
- Promising something that you will not keep will be a big mistake. Children will lose confidence in you and will not believe you the next time you promise something. Don’t discredit yourself and if you promise something, just keep it, and if not, don’t promise anything!
- Follow social norms just as your children should. If you always cross the crosswalk on red or take things from the supermarket and then do not pay for them, your children will learn that this is okay! And tomorrow they could have more serious problems.
- Do not fill your children with scheduled activities. Children have to be children… and they must have free time and also boredom to be. Don’t pressure them or stress them unnecessarily.
- Don’t talk badly about your body in front of your children or obsess about your weight. The self-esteem of your children depends largely on you, the parents. Therefore, speak well of your body and if you want to mention something that is always aimed at having better health.
- Many parents transmit their own fears to their children. Children imitate everything, so they will also imitate your fears if you show them.
- Interrupting your children when they are talking is a big mistake that you should not make. Do you like to be interrupted when you are talking? Neither do they. Respect turns of speech just as you want your children to respect them.
- It is important that you do not compare your children or try to invade their privacy… And once you know this, remember that you are a great mom or a great dad and that whenever you want to be perfect, stop trying! You are a good mother or a good father, and do you know why? Because every day you try to improve yourself and accept that perfection does not exist.