American pancakes or pancakes are one of the favorite recipes for children. Ideal both for weekend breakfast and for a snack or dessert, pancakes are a very simple dish and quick to prepare, while providing an extra dose of energy thanks to its high carbohydrate and fat content. It is worth noting that they also provide a lot of calories, so they should not be prepared very often either.
Either way, American pancakes are an excellent option to cook with the family and have a fun time with the children. In the Infant Stage we show you what ingredients they have, how to prepare them and we give you some ideas to accompany them at the table.
American pancake recipe
- 2 eggs
- 250 milliliters of whole or skimmed milk
- 220 grams of wheat flour
- 30 grams of sugar
- 30 grams of softened butter
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Butter to fry the pancakes
These ingredients yield approximately 16 American pancakes, although it may vary depending on their size and thickness.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the softened butter, sugar, salt and milk and mix all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mass. The ideal is to use an electric mixer, but it can also be done manually.
- Incorporate the flour and yeast into the dough little by little and mix with encircling movements. Beat everything well again until the dough has no lumps.
- Let the dough rest for about 20 minutes to gain consistency. Put it in a place in the kitchen where it stays cool and cover it with a cloth.
- Meanwhile, butter the bottom of a pan and heat it over low-medium heat.
- When hot, ladle some of the pancake batter into the pan. You can also put the mixture in a jar to make it easier, although in this case you must be careful not to pour too much batter at a time.
- When the surface of the pancake starts to bubble up, press Flip them over with a spatula and leave them for another 2 or 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat this process until the pancake batter is finished.
- Meanwhile, place the pancakes on top of each other on a plate. You can cover it with foil to keep the pancakes from getting cold.
5 ideas to accompany American pancakes
In the original recipe, American pancakes are accompanied with maple syrup. However, there are many other ways to accompany this recipe to enjoy it with the family.
- American pancakes with cream and berries. It is a caloric proposal, but delicious thanks to the contrast of the acidity of the berries with the sweetness of the pancakes.
- American pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries. The traditional combination of strawberries with whipped cream also It comes as a glove to accompany some pancakes for breakfast or snack.
- American pancakes with strawberry or chocolate syrup. An equally good and cheaper alternative to syrup maple is to accompany pancakes with other syrups such as strawberry or chocolate.
- American pancakes with honey and seasonal fruit. This is a simpler and healthier way to accompany pancakes At the same time, it is a good strategy for children to consume more fruit.
- Pancakes at mericanas with jam. Strawberry, apricot, berry, peach or plum jam complements pancakes very well. Plus, it’s a quick and easy option that doesn’t require a lot of time or resources.