A large number of studies show that carrying out a training routine during the gestation period is very beneficial psychologically and physically for the mother.
For this reason, we suggest various arm exercises for pregnant women , which you can include in your usual routine.
Having toned and shaped arms can help you feel better about changes in your body!
3 ARM EXERCISES FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
Carrying out physical exercise during the gestation period brings with it some benefits. Some of them are:
- An improvement in the quality of sleep.
- Less pain and muscle tension typical of pregnancy.
- Stress reduction.
- A decrease in complications during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Greater stability in the face of bodily changes.
As you can see, there are several reasons not to think twice. Now you just need some dumbbells to get down to business with the following arm exercises for pregnant women.
1. Triceps Extension
To carry out this exercise you must sit on a chair and keep the soles of your feet flat on the ground and your back very straight. It is important not to bend your back.
In this position, hold both dumbbells (one in each hand) and bring your hands behind your head, bending your elbows and pointing skyward. Thus, the exercise will begin, which aims to slowly lift the weights towards the sky, going from having the elbows bent to stretching them.
Repeat this movement 12 times and perform 2 series resting 1 minute between them.
2. Bicep Curls
Taking advantage of the fact that you are sitting on the chair, you can carry out this other exercise. Starting from the same position, feet on the ground and back straight, you should hold a dumbbell in each hand, keeping your arms close to your sides, your elbows at a 90-degree angle, and your palms facing up.
Without moving your elbows, lift one of the weights towards your shoulder, for this you must bend your arm. Lower to the starting position and repeat with the other arm. This way you will have carried out a repetition.
Do 2 sets of 12 reps, resting for a minute between each set.
3. Side Raise
Standing, the legs are placed in line with the hips. The exercise consists of holding a dumbbell in each hand and letting your arms hang by your sides with your palms facing your thighs.
To begin, both arms are slowly raised to the sides, so that they are stretched out at shoulder height and with the palms facing the ground. Then the arms return to the starting position.
You can carry out 2 series of 12 repetitions resting 1 minute between each one of them.
Do not forget that you should use the weight that best suits your abilities and that you should not make unnecessary efforts! In addition, the execution of the exercises must be regular, so we recommend that you establish a routine where rest is just as important as exercise.
WHAT SHOULD YOU KEEP IN MIND WHEN PERFORMING ARM EXERCISES FOR PREGNANT WOMEN?
- First of all, you should consult with your doctor if the exercises are appropriate for you.
- Drink water before, during and after exercising.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing.
- When lifting the weights, you should maintain a slow, controlled movement, never swinging the weights. They must be well secured by the hands.
- Stop exercising if you feel unwell.
- Always stretch and warm up before doing the arm exercises for pregnant women.
- Combine these exercises with other cardiovascular exercises, such as going for a walk or swimming.