The Catalan or Valencian language has its origins between the 17th and 10th centuries. It is a Romance language that is full of charm, elegance and a lot of sonority. If you are looking for a striking name for your future baby, without a doubt, choosing a Catalan name will make a big difference, since they are distinguished names with a lot of history.
In this paraBaby article you will find 70 Catalan girl names with their meaning. To make your task easier, we have classified them by the most beautiful, the original Catalan girl names, names that start with M and even those that were used in medieval times. You will see that when you finish reading one of these names it will be your favorite.
Cute Catalan girl names
We will start the selection with 15 beautiful Catalan girl names that are in fashion. In fact, there are many fathers and mothers who opt for them because they are full of a lot of melody and they combine very well with surnames. Next, we invite you to see the list of beautiful Catalan girl names:
- Aina : pretty Catalan girl’s name that comes from Anna. It is of Hebrew origin and means “grace”.
- April : is a Catalan girl’s name that means “beginning of spring”.
- Adriá – One of the pretty Catalan girl names that refers to the Adriatic Sea.
- Anaïs : is a Catalan variant of the name Anna and means “she who carries grace”.
- Arlet : It is a very beautiful name and it translates as “the altar of the Lord”.
- Beatriu : is a Catalan form of Beatriz which meant “the happy woman”.
- Carlota : is a variant of the name Carlos, which means “person of the nobility”.
- Consol : is a Catalan variant of the name consolation that means “the one that relieves”.
- Dolors : is a Catalan form of the name Dolores, which refers to the ordeal carried by the Virgin Mary at the crucifixion of Jesus.
- Èlia : is a popular name in Catalan girls that means “radiant like the sun”.
- Estel : Catalan form of the name Estela meaning “she who comes from the stars.”
- Joana : is one of the beautiful Catalan girl names, which translates “God is merciful”.
- Immaculate : is a Catalan variant of the name Immaculate, which means “pure woman”.
- Socors : is a Catalan derivation of the name Socorro, which means “call for help”.
- Zoa : is a Catalan variation of Zoe, which means “full of life”.
Original Catalan girl names
If there is something that stands out about Catalan names, it is their great originality. This language is distinguished from the others because it is elegant, very striking and original. If you want your girl to have an outstanding name, you should review the following selection of original Catalan girl names:
- Abellera : name that comes from the glorified virgin in the sanctuary of Abellera.
- Berenguera : is an original Catalan female given name meaning “bear hunter”.
- Blau – One of the original Catalan girl names that comes from the virgin. With this same name she is venerated in a sanctuary in Lleida.
- Bonanova : is a name of Catalan origin that means “the one with the good news”.
- Caterina : is a Catalan variant of the name Catalina, which means “the one of great purity”.
- Lidón : is a Catalan feminine name that means “the one that cultivates hackberry”.
- Llora : is a Catalan form of the name Laura which means “she who bears the laurel”.
- Ramona : popular name in Catalonia, it comes from the feminine variant of Raimundo, which is of Germanic origin, and which means “the protector”.
- Remei : It is an original Catalan girl’s name that means “the one with the remedy”.
- Queralt : is a Catalan feminine name that comes from the devotion to Santa María de Queralt.
- Soledat : another of the original Catalan girl names which is a variant of the ombre Soledad.
- Trinitat : is a Catalan variation of the name Trinidad, which refers to the Holy Trinity.
Catalan girl names with M
The Catalan or Valencian language has names that are surprising. For this reason, now we invite you to see the selection of Catalan girl names with M, since the alternatives are very beautiful and striking:
- Margarida : is a Catalan variation of Margarita, and means “the one with the pearls”.
- Mariona : is the Catalan diminutive of Mary which means “God’s favourite”.
- Maurici – one of the Catalan girl names with M deriving from Mauricio and meaning “brown-skinned person”.
- Mercè : is a Catalan variation of Mercedes, which translates “the one of mercy”.
- Meritxell : is a Catalan name that means “midday”.
- Mireia : Catalan feminine form of the name Mirèio, and meaning “to marvel.”
- Miquela : Catalan female given name that translates to “wants to be like the god.”
- Montserrat : this name of Catalan origin comes from the Virgin of Montserrat and means “the sawn mountain”.
- Moreneta : another of the Catalan girl names with M that refers to the brunette color of the Virgin of Monserrat.
- Mònica : it is a Catalan variant of the name Mónica and it means “one”.
Medieval Catalan girl names
Catalan names had a great boom during the Middle Ages. In fact, many families have a great history with them and with their personal names. In order for you to choose a beautiful medieval Catalan girl’s name, review in detail the following list with 32 beautiful medieval Catalan girl’s names that will surely catch your attention:
- Agnes : is a Catalan form of the name Inés which means “pure woman”.
- Aisha : name that comes from Arabic, used in medieval times by Catalan girls, and which means “woman full of life”.
- Alícia : Medieval Catalan girls’ name, meaning “of noble lineage.”
- Ariadne : it is a name that comes from ancient Greek and that means “woman of great purity”
- Assumpció : is a Catalan variant of Asunción, which refers to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary into heaven.
- Berta : is a German name used in Catalonia, which means “woman of great brilliance”.
- Cèlia – This name is a Catalan form of Cecilia and means “the one from heaven”.
- Cesca . It is a name of medieval Catalan girls that means “the woman who knows how to work”.
- Clara : It is a very popular name since medieval times and means “clean and pure”.
- Diana : is an old name that means “the one that comes from the moon”.
- Eloisa : is a medieval Germanic woman’s name used in Catalonia. She translates as “the great warrior.”
- Elvira : is a name that comes from northern Europe, which means “the one who protects”.
- Felipa : is a Catalan variation of the name Felipe, which translates as “the one who takes care of the horses”.
- Finestres : is a Catalan girl’s name that means “the one with the window”.
- Francina : one of the medieval Catalan girl names that comes from the name Francisca and means the one that comes from the Franca region.
- Jana : is a Catalan form of the feminine of Jan and translates “God is merciful”.
- Josepa : it is a variation of the name Josefa or José which means “God multiplies you”.
- Helena : is a Catalan variation of the Greek name Elena, which means “the one with the torch”.
- Isidre : is a female name that comes from the Greek and means “gift from the goddess Isis”.
- Ivana : comes from the Hebrew name Iván which means “the gift of God”.
- Laia : is the Catalan diminutive of Eulalia, a name of Greek origin that means “to speak correctly”.
- Llúcia – This Catalan variant of the name Lucia means “she who enlightens.”
- Neus : Catalan name that translates “the virgin of the snows”
- Núria : name of girls in Catalonia that means “those who live between the mountains”.
- Ona : it is a Basque form of the name Mariona and is very popular in Catalonia, it means “loved by God”.
- Penelope : comes from the Greek and means “dark woman”.
- Pilar : Latin name meaning “on which they lean.”
- Raquel : is a name of Hebrew origin that is well known throughout Catalonia and means “the female sheep”.
- Regina – This female given name comes from Latin and means “the queen.”
- Roser – Another of the medieval Catalan girl names that comes from the name Rosario.
- Silvia : is a Latin name used by Catalan girls in medieval times, and which means “she lives in the jungle”.
- Vinyet : is the name of the patron saint of Sitges and is a municipality in the Catalonia locality.
- Xènia : name used by girls in Catalonia that is of Greek origin, meaning “caring woman”.