Do you already know the sex of your baby? If you still don’t know what to call it, you can take a look at the following list of names of children with R that we have prepared for you.
Do you already know the sex of your baby? The next step is to choose a name. If you still haven’t decided, we are willing to help you. In this blog we are preparing a series of articles where we give you baby name ideas. Today we have prepared a list of boy names with R .
As you can see along these lines, many of the names of children with R are of Latin, German, Hebrew, Anglo-Saxon, Nordic or Quechua origin, among other origins.
MOST COMMON ORIGINS OF BOY NAMES WITH R
1. Raphael . Of Hebrew origin. It means “God heals” or “God has healed you”. Variants: Rafa (hypochristic), Rafel, Raffaelo, Rafaelo, Rafal, Rafeal, Rafello, Rafiel, Raphael.
2. Ragnar . Of Norwegian origin. It means “warrior of the gods”. Variants: Regner, Reiner.
3. Raymond . The first of many boy names with R of German origin that you will see in this list. It means “the protection of the divine council”. Variants: Raymundo, Mundo, Raimon, Raimond, Raymond.
4. Ramiro . Of German origin. It comes from Radamir, which means “illustrious council”, “famous”.
5. Ramon . This name of Germanic origin is the Catalan form of Raimundo.
6.Bouquets . Of Sanskrit origin. It means “pleasant”.
7. Rasputin . Name of a Russian mystic, known as “the mad monk”.
8. Raul . Of German origin, it is the variant of Raoul, French form for the German Radulf. It is made up of rat , which means “counsel, adviser”, and wulf , “wolf”. Therefore, it means something like “the advice of the wolf”.
9.Rayhan . _ Of Arab origin. It means “protected from God”.
10.Raymond _. Of German origin. It means “protective hands”. Variants: Raemond, Raemondo, Raimond, Raimondo, Raimund, Raimundo, Rajmund, Ramón, Ramond, Ramonde, Ramone, Ray, Rayment, Raymondo, Raymund, Raymunde, Raymundo, Reymond and Reymundo.
11. King . Of Japanese origin. It means “Law”.
12. Kings . Of Israeli origin. It means “giant”.
13. Reizo . Of Japanese origin. It means “fresh” or “well cared for”.
14. René . Of Latin origin. It means “reborn”. Variants: Rene and Renatus.
15. Reubens . English form of Reuben.
16. Richard . Of German origin, it comes from the union of two voices: rich, “chief, prince, powerful”, and hard , “bold, strong”. It means “the bold prince”. Variants: Ricky, Ricaldo, Ricardos, Richard, Richardo, Rico, Ricart, Rik, Riku, Rikki, Ricki, Richie, Henri and Rick.
17.Rinji . _ Of Japanese origin. It means “peaceful forest”.
18. Robert . Of German origin, it comes from the union of the words hruot , which means “fame, prestige, opinion”, and berth , “brightness, brilliance”. Literally, it means “the shine of fame”. Variants: Bob, Rob, Roberts, Robin, Robinson, Ruberto, Ruperto, Rupert, Roban, Robben, Robbin, Robbyn or Robyn.
19.Robinson _. Of English origin. It means “of great fame”. Variants: Robin, Robbinson, Robens, Robenson, Robson and Robynson.
20. Rudolph . Of German origin. It is the union of the words hruot , which means “fame, prestige”, and wulf , “the wolf”. It means “the famous warrior” or “the illustrious combatant”.
21. Rodrigo . Of German origin, it is made up of the words hruot , which means “fame”, and rich , “chief”, “prince” or “powerful”. It means “the famous prince” or “the illustrious chief”.
22.Rommel . _ Male name of Latin origin. It is the diminutive of Rómulo, which means “citizen of Rome”.
23. Roger. Another of the names of children with R of Latin origin. It comes from Rodegarius, in turn derived from the Germanic. It means “the glorious spear”, “the spear of fame”. Variants: Rogers, Roger, Rogerio, Dodge, Hodge, Rodge, Rodger, Rog, Rogiero, Rojay, Rufiger, Ruggero, Ruggiero, Rutger, and Ruttger.
24. Rosendo . Of German origin, it comes from the union of hruot (fame, glory) and sinth (path). It means “the way of fame”.
25.Roshan . _ Of Sanskrit origin. It means “bright light”.
26. Ruby . Diminutive of Rubén
27. Rubén . Of Hebrew origin. It comes from the union of the words raah, which means “to see”, andwell , “son”. It means “look, a son!”.
28. Rufus . Of Indo-European origin. It comes from russus , which means “reddish”, “red-haired”. Variants: Ruffo and Ruefus.
29. Runak’utu . Of Quechua origin. It means “little man”. Variant: Runak’oto.
30. Rusbel. Of Slavic origin. It comes from the proper name Rurik, which means “famous leader”.